University of Nairobi, Kenya
My name is Teriano Soit. I work for Pardamat Conservation Area as the administrator. I hold a bachelor's degree in law from the University of Nairobi. My career goals are:
1. To objectively work toward the sustainability of community conservancies to the far future.
2. To spearhead the formulation and adoption of environmental and conservation policy in all the conservancies across the Maasai Mara landscape.
3. To contribute to the change of conservancies governance, and leadership to recognized legal structures that factor in the well being of all stakeholders.
In a quest to achieve all of the above:
1. I have participated in two studies in one of the Mara conservancies, one on factors affecting its sustainability and another on a cattle count to determine whether the land could hold all the cows grazing in the conservancy.
2. I have drafted the basic policies for Pardamat Conservation Area.
3. I have taken part in several governance workshops for the eastern conservancies in the Mara region.